COMING SUMMER 2018...
RECONCILIATION SERVICES' DONATE-WHAT-YOU-CAN CAFE can be summed up by two words -- Food & Community. Thelma's Kitchen is a gathering place, where ALL ARE WELCOME!
Thelma's Kitchen builds on Reconciliation Services' 30 years as a trusted and caring community advocate. It stands as a safe and thriving community hub, embodying the RS mission to transform Troost from a dividing line to a gathering place, and offers an entirely new approach to providing affordable healthy food and promoting community engagement among our neighbors.
Thelma's Kitchen will look and feel like a regular cafe, with notable exceptions:
- Donate-what-you-can pricing
- Guests may volunteer in exchange for a meal
- Guests choose their own portion size
- Healthy, local, seasonal food is served whenever available
- Volunteers are used to the maximum extent possible to staff the cafe
- A community table is offered
- It is a non-profit
- It is an outreach of RS and integrated into a continuum of care with embedded case managers referring to RS Social & Mental Health Services
Thelma's Kitchen is part of the national One World Everybody Eats collective of pay-what-you-can cafes. Learn more at: www.oneworldeverybodyeats.org