Programs and Operations Director
Type of Position: Full-time, exempt
Reports To: Executive Director
RS is an equal opportunity employer.
About Reconciliation Services
Reconciliation Services [RS] has worked with the community at 31st and Troost, Missouri, along the Troost Avenue corridor, a focal point for more than 30 years. We work to cultivate a community seeking reconciliation, to transform Troost Avenue from a dividing line into a gathering place, revealing the strength of all. We have innovated an intentional continuum of care, working to seek racial and economic reconciliation one heart at a time, through strengths-based Healthy Community Services, Social and Mental Health Services, and Economic Community Building Services. We see our work as more than offering short-term services to those in crisis. We come alongside our vulnerable clients with companionship, tools, and skills, to help them discover their strengths, contribute to community building and help all ships rise together. Our continuum of care offers a tested template for community healing tailored through our intake process to help the most difficult-to-reach clients move from emergency to greater self-sufficiency in a relationally supportive and culturally competent environment.
The Programs and Operations Director is a critically important senior leadership role, overseeing Programs, Operations, Facilities, and Human Resources for the organization. This position is responsible for the operational and programmatic success of Reconciliation Services, ensuring quality team management and development, program design, implementation, quality control, and impact evaluation. This position also promotes greater internal communication, increases transparency and organizational accountability.
This position is a highly strategic and facilitative position that requires a combination of focus and flexibility. As part of the organizational senior leadership team, this role requires someone who is highly resourceful and strategically minded with strong analytical skills and emotional intelligence, is proactive, humble, and brings a high level of commitment to the organizational vision, mission, and values, including an equity lens and a compassionate heart for people.
- Works with program staff and key stakeholders to achieve program quality, high client satisfaction, and low barriers to entry to RS services.
- Evaluate program quality and ensure implementation of program goals.
- Work with program managers to develop annual budgets.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
- Cultivating existing relationships with other organizations associated with RS with the goal of ensuring sufficient resources and access to services, and provide recommendations to the ED on strategic partnerships.
- With a keen eye for program quality and process development, this position works with the ED and Program Managers to evaluate existing and new programs as needed to achieve RS’s mission in a highly dynamic environment.
- Meet with Program staff regularly, including team huddles to ensure consistent and clear communication.
- Maintain the bi-monthly programs dashboard to communicate to the ED and key stakeholders status of programs, key metrics and trends, and progress towards goals.
- Meet with funders as needed for grant reviews and site visits, and documentation is thoroughly prepared for such meetings.
- Work with the development team to secure necessary program information and outcomes for grants and grant reports, acting as liaison between the development team and program staff.
- Human Resources Management
- Ensure all staff job descriptions are kept updated.
- Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements and to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation, and goal setting for all employees.
- Implement a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling proactive oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
- Assist the Executive director to recruit, hire, and review staff members.
- Ensure proper onboarding, orientation and training of new staff and interns
- Update the Personnel manual as needed.
- Utilize the RS Personnel Manual and to coordinate resolution of staff HR questions/issues, alerting the ED as required.
- Ensure a dignified client and work environment by overseeing building cleanliness and maintenance in coordination with the landlord, managing vendor relationships, and staff relations.
- Maintain and implement the Operational Manual for RS, keeping it up to date as needed.
- Coordinate with staff to manage program/office supply ordering and inventory control.
- Act as compliance manager, update organizational policies as needed along with other members of the executive leadership team, and coordinate annual training as needed as needed on Affirmative Action, Trauma-Informed Care, De-escalation, HIPAA, Cultural Competency, and the Language Access Plan.
- Attend internal and external meetings with ED or other staff when needed, capture major takeaways, and work with program or administrative teams to ensure follow up.
- Engage in root cause analysis, often without prompting from the ED or others, on issues and opportunities that could impact RS
- Update the ED on issues during regular meetings, supported with facts and recommendations
- Participate monthly in RS’ cafe program, Thelma’s Kitchen.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly organized, process-oriented and design thinking.
- Highly-developed communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multi-faceted projects on deadline, resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Strong program outcome/evaluation skills.
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with staff to develop and implement program evaluations systems.
- Strength in recruiting, hiring, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, and empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility and performance.
- Able to successfully navigate in a fast-paced environment with confidence and a positive, joyful attitude.
- MPA, MBA, MSW, or significant executive leadership experience
- Minimum of 5 years in nonprofit executive leadership that includes experience with program development and management, operations management, human resources, grants management; or comparable private sector roles in law, business, or other public sector roles.
- Demonstrated success developing, implementing and evaluating program models and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs.
- Must be mission-driven, and a strong advocate for our community and neighbors; a high commitment to economic and racial reconciliation in Kansas City and beyond; and a high degree of cultural competence and a commitment to diversity.
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics that includes integrity, transparency, diversity, and trust.
Please email your resume and a cover letter (include what makes you a phenomenal candidate and why you want to work at RS) to: Nathan Jackson, Associate Director at Info@RS3101.org. RS values diversity and inclusion and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full Time